Saturday, March 01, 2008
Reflections

Okay. Ever since I got back from Vancouver, life has been busy. My basketball team was in conference playoffs today, and we placed 2nd so we advance to regionals! This means I will have basketball every day next week...which is okay, because I love it.

Vancouver was amazing, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed. I saw change in some people, but I saw such doubt in others. It's very discouraging to me, because I'm trying my best to pour my heart into these people and there is no response to God, guidance, or wisdom. How can you go away on a mission's trip and say you didn't see God anywhere? This was a clear sign of people not close to God and not used to hearing the Holy Spirit.

The trip was a struggle for me, but not in the same sense as it was for others. Most students went in nervous to talk/deal with people on the streets...I normally don't have a problem stepping out of my comfort zone. It was hard because I went being "on" the mission's team, but not really a "part" of it. This trip was not for me: it was for me to benefit others, in my class and on the street and for the glory of God.

It was a very different than Mexico. In Mexico, we all had that desire for spiritual fellowship...we still do now that we're back at home...but in Vancouver, it seems like there aren't many that are on fire for God...there are some that don't even care. I desire spiritual connection with the people in my class; I want them to go deeper with God; I want them to understand what it's like to truly be part of Christ's body. I suppose for now it will just take a little more time, a little more prayer, and a lot more faith.

Although there is all this discouragement surrounding the trip, I have been given a lot of hope through my trip to Mexico. Experiencing the spiritual connection that we Mexico girls share gets me excited to take other people there. It reminds me that God always has bigger plans, so I don't need to worry. I just need to listen.

Labels: ,



Erika on 11:04 PM